Sorry for the lazy post ladies and gents but posting from your phone does have its limitations XD. So read down below for the new details on characters, missions and multiplayer, the world, and finally the game mechanics and systems. Also, if you haven’t pre-ordered your copy of GTA V yet at gamestop, (not sure if any of you guys would XD) you’ll get a nifty two-sided poster for pre-ordering.
“Several outlets have gone live with new Grand Theft Auto V previews this morning, sharing new information and screenshots.
- Michael: The skilled and versatile “smooth operator.”
- Trevor: The skilled helicopter pilot. He is inspired by the typical Grand Theft Auto player, who only roams around to cause havoc.
- Franklin: The skilled driver and sniper. He is in search of a mentor, and finds one after meeting Michael during a repo man job with Franklin.
- Characters are selected through a radial menu.
- Character switching during missions is partially scripted.
- Missions are long and deep. There will be different endings based on player choices.
- Mission-types will vary, including “big and small events , explosive, infiltration, super spectacular, family, invasion, hostage recovery, heists and robberies. Plus classic Grand Theft Auto missions but updated and improved.”
- Side-missions similar to Taxi, Ambulance, and Vigilante will return, but “probably not identical” to those from previous games.
- Dynamic music during missions.
- No co-op for single-player missions, but there will be co-op modes in multiplayer.
- Multiplayer is a big focus. There will be a lot of content to keep players busy.
- The map can be fully explored from the very beginning.
- Underwater world (with underwater caves) and diving equipment confirmed.
- California’s Salt Sea is known as Alamo Sea.
- There will be animals, such as wild dogs.
- Cover mechanics have been greatly improved and cover will be very important.
- Dan Houser on Economy: “You will be able to spend money to buy interesting and fun things like expensive toys. We are still working on the economy but it will be a strong element in the game and players will be eager to make money to spend money. Something such as, “I went through all of this to make all this money and now I’m going to spend it on this crazy item.”
- The physics engine has been rewritten.”
Original post/source: Gematsu
Latest posts by Gigus (see all)
- Batman Arkham Origins Official Teaser Trailer - May 16, 2013 10:11 AM
- Japan Studio Unveils New IP: Panopticon - May 16, 2013 7:41 AM
- Update! Rumor: What Are You Guys Up To Kojima/Hayter? - April 20, 2013 9:39 AM