It’s simple to start a post. You can either click the ‘+ New’ button on the WordPress header located on top of the page OR click the ‘New Post’ link located under your WordPress Gravatar. Do note that you must have a WordPress account and be logged in. The login for WordPress is located on the right-hand side of the page. Oh, and it IS possible to post from the WordPress app in case you get the urge to post while on the go.
Please remember to go over our Article Guidelines.
Disqus is separate from Takuchat and therefore requires a separate login.
While there is a way to have just one login for Disqus and Takuchat, its $200 per month. We simply can’t afford that option.
Essentially, the Disqus account is for commenting, and the WordPress account is for making Articles and being more involved with the community with additional features. While making both is preferred some users stick with just the Disqus account.
Takuchat articles can often be organized according to any of several major “Takuchat Topics,” these including, but not being limited to, the following:
* [Admin Post] – Reserved for administrators, these posts are for things such as announcing Takuchat policy changes or updates.
* [Featured Posts] – (Wolf, I’m really not sure of the significance of this one, please clarify)
* [Forum] – Also known as a discussion post.
* [How-to Guides] – Instructional tutorials.
* [Humor] – For parody or especially lighthearted articles.
* [Media Drop] – For sharing of one’s favorite art or music, as per our former, informal [Art Drop] and [Music Drop] categories.
* [NSFW] – Probably the most important category to make clear in situations when it’s needed.
* [Podcast] – Self-explanatory.
* [Previews] – Self-explanatory.
* [Project] – (Wolf, I’m really not sure of the significance of this one, please clarify)
* [Reviews] – Self-explanatory.
As such, article titles should be preceded by their category, written in brackets. Examples of this would be, “[Reviews] Game Review: Grand Theft Auto V” or, “[NSFW] Risque League of Legends Official Artwork Revealed,” or the like.
Informal and unofficial bracketed topics are welcome, such as “Building Bridges,” but if you add or suggest a bracketed topic that is not already a part of our lineup, please add an informative section at the bottom of your post that explains the purpose of this topic. If you have any questions about whether a certain topic is appropriate or about how to make it more specific or more interesting, please feel free to ask a site moderator or administrator.