It’s simple to start a post. You can either click the ‘+ New’ button on the WordPress header located on top of the page OR click the ‘New Post’ link located under your WordPress Gravatar. Do note that you must have a WordPress account and be logged in. The login for WordPress is located on the right-hand side of the page. Oh, and it IS possible to post from the WordPress app in case you get the urge to post while on the go.
Please remember to go over our Article Guidelines.
Disqus is separate from Takuchat and therefore requires a separate login.
While there is a way to have just one login for Disqus and Takuchat, its $200 per month. We simply can’t afford that option.
Essentially, the Disqus account is for commenting, and the WordPress account is for making Articles and being more involved with the community with additional features. While making both is preferred some users stick with just the Disqus account.
Titles should be formatted in one of two ways:
1) If the title is meant to be interpreted as a direct sentence (e.g., “[Opinion] Should retail games lower their costs?”), capitalize the bracketed Takuchat topic and the first letter of the first word in the sentence as normal.
2) If the title is a headline (e.g., “[Breaking News] Activision to Suspend Call of Duty Franchise”), capitalize the first letter of every word except for articles such as a, an, and the, along with similarly unimportant words such as of. If in doubt, use your discretion or ask.
We also recommend titlecapitalization.com to help you with this. Just past your title in this, then paste it back in your article.
Takuchat articles can often be organized according to any of several major “Takuchat Topics,” these including, but not being limited to, the following:
- [Admin Post] – Reserved for administrators, these posts are for things such as announcing Takuchat policy changes or updates.
- Featured Posts – Should never be included in the title, please read this FAQ for guidelines relating to this category.
- [SpeakOut] – Also known as a discussion post.
- [How-to Guides] – Instructional tutorials.
- [Humor] – For parody or especially lighthearted articles.
- [Media Drop] – For sharing of one’s favorite art or music, as per our former, informal [Art Drop] and [Music Drop] categories.
- [ NSFW ] – REQUIRED for any article presenting NSFW content
- [Podcast] – Have a personal podcast you want to promote? While we ask that you let us know first, this category is for those.
- [Previews] – Played a game demo before release? Want to write about it? Post here!
- [Project] – Video series, article series, informative or creative. This brings attention to long running topics.
- [Reviews] – Self-explanatory.
As such, article titles can be optionally preceded by their category, written in brackets. Examples of this would be, “[Reviews] Game Review: Grand Theft Auto V” or, “Show/hide
Risque League of Legends Official Artwork Revealed,” or the like.
Informal and unofficial bracketed topics are welcome, such as “Building Bridges,” but if you add or suggest a bracketed topic that is not already a part of our lineup, please add an informative section at the bottom of your post that explains the purpose of this topic. If you have any questions about whether a certain topic is appropriate or about how to make it more specific or more interesting, please feel free to ask a site moderator or administrator.
A ‘SpeakOut’ post is kinda like a sub-SpeakOut, and is entirely optional and is created like an article post. It’s a place to discuss specific topics to avoid flooding the main SpeakOut page keeping it diverse and open as possible.
SpeakOut posts are by no means for general discussion, they exist for specific discussion on topics only not broad topics. These include specific games, movies, or groups. A forum article may be made on the latest ‘Metal Gear’ title, on the other hand a forum article can’t be made on something broad like the ‘Metal Gear Series’.
SpeakOut articles can be made by any user ‘Author’ and up.
Featured posts appear on the slider on the homepage and possibly other areas of the site as well; they demonstrate quality articles from our users and for our community. This is to prevent user posts from being quickly buried by other articles.
Authors should not set their post as a “Featured post” on their own or without permission from a moderator, it should be set by an Editor or above. There are multiple reasons for this, things like verifying the quality and standards of the article, ensuring the featured post slider isn’t immediately filled among other reasons. Generally so long as an article is on the front page (especially the first 5 posts) it technically doesn’t benefit from being on the post slider; so it isn’t necessary for a new post to immediately go to the slider.
You can ask for pre-approval of a featured article from any moderator keeping the former paragraph in mind.
Also meeting or failing the requirements by no means guarantees whether a post will be included in “Featured Posts”, it is at the discretion of site moderators. The following is a guideline for easily establishing that standard.
The “Featured Post” requirements are as follows.
- Must be an original article, and not entirely news reporting. Original article means the primary source and topic of the content is not from another websites content. This does not mean an article Discussing content from another source isn’t original provided the text discussing the topic represents the majority of the post and isn’t simply a rehash of the source topic. An article written by the user on another site is not automatically ineligable.
- The Featured Image from the article must exceed or meet 860px width by 300px height, meaning the image must be larger than our largest featured image box. This is due to scaling issues with the plugin, not doing so damages the appearance of the site. Also Higher resolution images simply look better on the home page, and articles than up scaled low res images. This also means the article holds to the standards of other site content providers as well (like for instance Flipboard). Should an image you want to use fall below this standard with no other option, I recommend upscaling the image in an image editing program. Afterall the most important factor here is image size, not necessarily image quality, but do make an effort to make it look nice please.
- Must exhibit proper spelling, grammar, and formatting we have users here that specialize in this, please ask for help on our SpeakOut forum for help BEFORE POSTING.
- The user does not already have a featured article, with exception given at the discretion of moderators on a case by case scenario.
The article must have [ NSFW ] in the title.
NSFW content should be hidden where possible using the NSFW tags.
NSFW tags when used display like so.
To do this simply wrap the content like displayed below but without spaces between the brackets.
[ NSFW ] Some mad sexiness is displayed here [ /NSFW ]
This can be done anywhere in the post. There are also alternatives like for instance “hide” will work too.
Headers exist to organize your content and also makes google happy. The break up text and can organize and article into parts. Headers are generally necessary for this site to be successful! Please use them!
Below is a gif showing how made on this very article.
My Sexy Looking Title
Note there are Header 1, 2, etc each one progressively gets smaller.
You should generally never use header 1, thats the header for the article title, and you don’t want the reader or google confused. Think of it as a hierarchy of main and sub headers. Like below.
- Header 1
- Header 2
- Header 3
- Header 3
- Header 2
- Header 3
- Header 2
- Header 2
I’ll sometimes skip header sizes depending on the article, but the hierarchy is the same.
All new takuchat articles post to our various social network sites like Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and more. The first three can be customize per post and also easily reposted later on. Try not to repost no more than once per week if you do.
Please make sure you make changes to social network posts before you first submit the post and also after you hit “Update” to make sure the changes are applied.
Look for the “Next Scripts: Social Networks Auto Poster” box at the bottom of your post editor. You can customize the post there. Editing this post to networks may require “Authorship” before having access.
For information on editing and formatting these posts visit the “SNAP” website.
Welcome! All new users have the ability to post on TakuChat after the post is approved for quality. Authorship is not having this restriction plus a range of other bonuses and access.
Upon posting your first article it will be read and critiqued for quality.
To become an author we require a few things.
- You demonstrate a general understanding of posting with WordPress and good post formatting
- Your article is free of major grammatical and spelling errors before posting, and you respectfully take feedback
- Your article is “original” and not a news article
- You demonstrate a willingness to interact with mods with questions and other things.
After a minimum of two articles posted you may be given authorship on takuchat and will be notified in the comments of your article.